20 Apr MERVUE EQUINE LEINSTER SUMMER TOUR 2019
Welcome to the start of the Mervue Equine Leinster Summer Tours 2019.
Barnadown will host the first leg of the Summer Series starting with the Mervue Equine Leinster Summer Tour(1.35) which will be jumped on Friday 10th May on the beautiful grass arena ( weather permitting). Entries for this class are open and will close on line with SJI at 4pm on Thursday next 9th May. This will be a great warm up of the National Grand Prix at the week end.
The two small Tours in the Mervue Equine series 1.10 & 1.20 will be held on Saturday in Arena 2.
Pro am riders for all tours in the series will nave to send an email to either [email protected] before they enter on Thursday. If they do not, they will not be included in this section at the shows. Once on the list, they will be included for the whole series. A thank you reply will be sent to all riders.
kindly sponsored by
Mervue Equine & the Leinster Region of Showjumping
Supported by Bertram Allen and Ian Fearon
Flavour of Fingal
29th Aug/1st Sept(Final leg)
Leinster Championship (1.10/1.20)
15th Sept X(Final legs)
The Final leg of the Mervue Equine Leinster Summer Tour 1.35cm will be held at Barnadown on Friday of the Breeders Classic There will be no legs of the Small Tour at the Breeders Classic.
NB Please note that the final leg of the Mervue Equine Leinster 1.10 & 1.20 Small Tour will be held at the Leinster Showjumping Championships on Sun. 15th Sept..
Mervue Equine Leinster Summer Tour 2019 Rules(1.35)
Comp 1.35cm run under Art.238.2.2 (special occasion 274.52/238,1,1 TA)
1)Nat GP Rules re course designers, judges, starters etc.
2)€2000 Prize Fund for each leg of the Tour (1.35) Entry fee not more than 45 euro per entry. Prizes 1st – 8th. Points 1st -10th.
3) Pre entry to SJI Office by 4pm on Thursday prior to show(1.35) 10 euro deposit per entry non-refundable.
4)Riders may ride 4 horses in each leg. Change of horse or rider permitted as per Nat G P rules.
5)Points allocated in the Tour as per National Grand Prix, 10,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 ,1,1
6)Top 8 legs will count for points.
7)At Final Leg –Points and a half on offer for the last leg of the Tour in IBC
8). NB -Rule pertaining to Leinster Summer Tour – a rider may enter 1 horse in the class at the show with a penalty fee of €10 on top of entry fee. Late entry must jump first.
No exceptions to the rule. This will not be permitted in the final leg.
9).Special rules for Flavour of Fingal Show – Pre-entry for all classes at this show. No late entry
General rules for all 3 Tours
NB All three classes must be run on the same day at a 2/3 day show.
except for Barnadown May Show.
As a courtesy to the Sponsors of the Tour, winners of the tour must be present to accept their prizes at the last leg of the Tour.
Any queries regarding the tours should be addressed to the
Maureen at 0872635732 or Taylor at 0862603002
before the final. No queries will be answered on the day unless about the final leg
Leading Rider in 1.35- As per National GP, Riders will get their first points only in each leg.
Horse/Rider Combination – points will be allotted to 1st -10th place at each leg
Horse/Rider Combination1.10/1.20 Tour –Points for 1st -6th. Points and a half on offer for the last leg of the Small Tours.
All Tours -Please note that it is the responsibility of the agent/owner/rider to keep a record of their points .All queries must be dealt with by email before the final leg of the tour . No queries re leader board will be dealt with at the final leg.
Definition of a Pro am-rider for this Tour –
Pro am -is an athlete, whether riding competitively or for recreation, show jumps for the challenge it presents, not as a profession or for financial gain. • A Pro/Am’s horse must be owned by themselves or an immediate family member. (I.E. A parent or sibling)
• All riders wishing to take part in the Pro/Am section must declare before entries on Thursday close. Email Pro am – Placings will be taken from 1st -10th in 1.35 class and 1st -6th in 1.10 & 1.20 with an additional bonus for the top placed rider/horse on the day of 3 points. When they have receive confirmation of receipt of their email, they will then be declared each week as a Pro am in the Tour.
Young Riders (1.35)– YR Points will be taken from their placing in the overall class 1st – 10th (SJI). No points given if they are not placed in the class on the day, but the prize on the day will go to the highest YR in the class. Tickets must be clearly marked YR either by rider or SJI. YR 1.10/1.20 points for top 1-6th place on day.
Rules for 1.1071.20 Small Tours
1) 1.10cm and 1.20cm
2) article 274.5.2 and in final it may be run under Art 238.2.2
3) Prize Fund of 500 euro for each leg.
4)Prizes 1st -6th. Points as per SJI class
5)Top 8 leg will count . Points and a half on offer for final leg. Points to Horse/rider combination.
6) If there is an equal winning combination, the last leg best result will count to determine the winner etc.
AT EACH LEG OF THE MERVUE EQUINE LEINSTER SUMMER TOUR(1.35CM)
Rug to the winner.
Mervue Equine Products to 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Rosettes to 1st – 8th, Best Turned Out, Top Pro-am, Top Young Rider.
Top Young Rider will receive Mervue Equine Products or Rug
Top Pro-am Rider will receive Mervue Equine Products or rug *see rules for Pro-am
Winning Combination of the Tour – 2000 euro, Sash, Rug
Runner Up Combination– 1000 euro, rug
Winning Rider – 500 Rug
Top Young Rider – Rug, Sash plus exclusive Training Bursary with International Athlete, Bertram Allan at his yard in Germany.
Top Pro am – Rug, Sash, Training Bursary with High Performance Coach, Ian Fearon plus
Mervue Equine LST 1.10 &1.20 Summer Tour – each leg – 500 euros
Winner gets rug, rosette and Mervue Products
Top Young Rider gets rosette and Mervue Products
Top Pro am gets rosette and Mervue Products
Mervue Equine LST 1.20cm Final
Winner gets 1500 euro, Mervue Products, Sash, rug, rosette
Runner Up – 500 euro, Mervue Products, Rug, Rosette
Winner – Young Rider gets 250, Mervue Equine Products, Rosette, Rug
Winner – Pro am gets 250, Mervue Products, Rosette, Rug
Mervue Equine LST 1.1ocm Final
Winner of 1.10cm L.S. Tour -750 euro, Sash, Mervue Equine Products, rug, rosette
Runner Up – 250 Rug rosette and Mervue Equine Products
Pro am – Rug, Mervue Products, Rosette 250 euro
Young Rider- Rug, Mervue Equine Products, Rosette 250 euro.
2018 Winner of te Mervue Equine Leinster Summer Tour
Paddy O’Donnell crowned Mervue Equine Leinster Summer Tour Champion at the Irish Breeders Classic in Barnadown 2018
Exciting end to the Mervue Equine Leinster Tour
The Mervue Equine Leinster Tour also came to an exciting conclusion at the Irish Breeders Classic with riders battling it out to add valuable points to their tally, as points and a half were on offer. First up, the 1.35m division saw 82 combinations going to post Leading the victory lap was Francis Connors, when he lodged the winning round with Capitol Cruise in 39.94. Kenneth Graham and George put in a gallant attempt, but a 41.13, proved good enough for second place, ahead of Ailish Connolly and Eletta Molino, clear in 42.41.
Neal Fearon also delivered a clear with Ardragh Cool touch, albeit in a slower time of 44.65 for eventual fourth. Captain Geoff Curran’s clear with MHS Gab in 46.10, proved good enough for fifth, while young rider, Anna Carway came home with nothing to add with Claricella, in 48.08 for sixth. This result meant that Carway picked up the leading young rider prize of the round.
Following a series of consistent results, it was Paddy O’Donnell that claimed the 1.35m Mervue Equine LST leading rider prize when clocking up 48 points. Riding Minority Report, he also won the leading Horse Rider combination prize. Francis Connors took the runner-up prize on 33 points. Winner of the Pro Am prize and with it the Ian Fearon’s Bursary was Declan McEvoy,
Andrew Byrne winner of 1.10 Mervue Equine LST
Victory in the 1.20m division went to Jason Foley and FS Cleveland, when they delivered a double clear in 25.48 second. Junior rider, Ciaran Nallon, as he took the runner-up spot with Bally Fair Deal, when clear 27.69, while Eddie Moloney was less fractions behind with Tonagh Trip the Lights, clear in 28.33 for third. Madeline Roberts Allen and MP Star Lite also kept the poles in place in 30.76, for fourth place, ahead of Daniel Mc Alinden also kept the poles in place aboard Alan Briscoe’ Leanorth Soda Pop, in 31.25. Sixth place belonged to Jamie Landers, when crossing the line with Moira Forbes Valtor De Blagny, in 31.26. Winner of the pro am title was Andrew Byrne.
Winner of the over all Small Tour 1.20 was Young Rider Gavin Smith on Mullinroe.
Winner of 1.10m division final, was Mark Finnerty when he delivered a clear with Emma in 27.38. His consistency in the league over the last few months, meant that he was crowned the overall young rider winner. Suzanne Posnett didn’t hang about, but despite a gallant attempt, a clear in 28.17 with Karmijn, saw her take second. Tracy Walsh partnered Corland’s Clipper to a clear in 28.26 for third, while the next two placings were occupied by Fiona Mullins when she crossed the line clear with Mirdads Sheeefff in 29.61, for eventual fourth and fifth with Blaencwm Jester in when
We wish to thank Mervue Equine, Leinster Committee of Showjumping, Bertram Allan, Ian Fearon, Emer Birmingham, Laurence Dunne, riders who followed the Tour, The Irish Field, Farmers Journal, Our wonderful show committees and their sponsors, for their support in running the Mervue Equine Leinster Summer 1.35, 1.20 & 1.10 Tours this season.
Taylor and Maureen
Prizes on offer to the Leading Rider of Tour – €2000, Hamper of Mervue Equine Products,
Runner Up – €1000
Leading Horse/Rider Combination – €500, Hamper of Mervue Equine Products
Leading Young Rider(Horse/Rider Combination) – Hamper of Mervue Equine Products and a weeks training with our International Athlete, Bertram Allen of Ballywater’s Farm.
Leading Pro am Rider(Horse/Rider combination) – Hamper of Mervue Equine Products and Training with HSI High Performance Coach, Ian Fearin.
Winner of 1.10 Small Tour Final -will receive €500 plus Hamper of Mervue Equine Products
Runner up – €250 + Mervue Equine Products.
Top Pro am – Mervue Equine Products
Top Young Rider – Mervue Equine Products
Winner of 1.20cm Small Tour – (Horse/rider combination) €1000 + Mervue Equine Products.
Runner Up – €500 +Mervue Equine Products
Top Young Rider – Mervue Equine Products + Rug
Top Pro am – Mervue Equine Products + Rug
Wishing everyone good luck in the Final and leg. Only 8 shows (see rules)will count for the total and points and a half are on offer for the last leg at Barnadown IBC.
Laura and Nicolas Connors prize winners in the Mervue Equine Leinster Summer Tour 1.35) at Bannow Rathangan.
A big Thank you to Mervue Equine for their fantastic products which all our winners received at each leg of the Tour this season
MERVUE EQUINE LEINSTER SUMMER TOUR 2018
- Art 238.2.3 (special occasion 274.5.2/238,1,1 TA)
- €2000 Prize Fund for each leg of the Tour (1.35)
- Entry fee not more than 45 euro per entry.
- Pre entry to SJI Office by 4pm on Thursday prior to show(1.35)
- 10 euro deposit per entry non-refundable.
- Points for Young Rider and Pro am – SJI Points class points or 1 point for Top place on day. Both sections are eligible for prize money as per SJI rules.
- Riders may ride 4 horses in each leg.
- Change of horse from start list permitted but as per Nat GP, (only horse or rider is permitted to change)
- Points allocated in the Tour as per National Grand Prix, 10,8,7,6,5,4,3,2/double clear 1 points
- Ground Jury & Course Designer as per National Grand Prix.
- Top 8 legs will count for points.
- At Final Leg –Points and a half on offer for the last leg of the Tour.
- NB Special rules for Flavour of Fingal Show – Pre-entry for all classes at this show. No late entry.
- NB -Rule pertaining to Leinster Summer Tour – a rider may enter 1 extra horse in the class at an addition fee to the show of half the entry fee plus the advertised fee. This money will go to the show but they must jump first with the late entry. No exceptions to the rule.AT EACH LEG OF THE MERVUE EQUINE LEINSTER SUMMER TOUR(1.35CM)
- Rug to the winner.
- Mervue Equine Products to 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Rosettes to 1st – 8th, Best Turned Out, Top Pro-am, Top Young Rider.
- Top Young Rider will receive Mervue Equine Products or Rug
- Top Pro-am Rider will receive Mervue Equine Products or rug *see rules for Pro-am
- Points awarded to horse/rider combination in YR & Pro-am.
Presentation to the winners of the Big Tour (1.35) by Mervue Equine & the Leinster Region of Showjumping.
- Winning Rider of Tour-€2000 Rug, Sash & Mervue Equine Products.
- Runner Up (Rider) -€1000 + rosette
- Winning Combination(Horse/Rider)- €500, Rug, Mervue Equine Hamper
- Winner of Young Riders will be rewarded with a Bertram Allen Bursary.
A weeks training with International Rider, Bertram Allen at his home in Germany(no Horse). Flight & Accommodation included. Rug, Rosette &Sash.
- Winner of Pro am will receive a Ian Fearon’s Bursary. Training with a High Performance Coach at a time convenient to both parties. Plus a Sash, rug and Mervue Equine Products
Mervue Equine Leinster Summer “Small” Tours (1.10 &1.20cm)
- Art 274.5.2
- not less than €300 prize fund per leg for 1.10cm
- Rosette for Winner of class,
- Top Young Rider
- Top Pro am.
- “Pro am” must be marked on the ticket to be included on the day or declared to Leinster before the start of the Tour [email protected]
- “YR” must be written on ticket if not marked by SJI office.
- Points as per SJI for 1.10cm/1.20 class. Awarded to the combination horse/rider
- Top 8 leg of the Tour will count for points with each combination.
- Ground Jury must have 1 national judge on the team and National Course Designer.
- Pro-am/Young Rider Section – rider will receive 1 point for being placed top of Pro-am /yr section at each leg. If, placed in class, SJI points will be allotted for top 6 places. Double clear 1 points. They are eligible for prize money in the class.
- Points and a half for final leg.
At each leg:
- Rosette to winner of class, Top Young Rider & Top Pro-am.
- Mervue Equine Products for the winner.
- Winner must be available for photo with sponsor
MERVUE EQUINE LEINSTER SMALL TOURS 1.20cm Winners
- Winning Combination (Horse/Rider) will receive €1000 + products from Mervue Equine, Rosette, Sash & Rug. Combination must be available for presentation and photo with sponsor.
- Runner up will receive €500 + products from Mervue Equine, Rosette.
- Top Young Rider will receive products from Mervue Equine + rug
- Pro-am will receive products from Mervue Equine + rug
MERVUE EQUINE LEINSTER SMALL TOUR 1.10cm Winner
- Winning Combination (Horse/Rider) will receive €500 & products from Mervue Equine, Sashe, Rug for winner. Combination must be available for presentation and photo with sponsor.
- Runner up will receive €250 + products from Mervue Equine, Rosette.
- Top Young Rider will receive products from Mervue Equine + rug
- Pro-am will receive products from Mervue Equine + rug
Barnadown – 11/12/13th May
Ballivor 10th June
Flavours of Fingal – 23th June
Coilog – 30th June
Adamstown Show – 7 th July
Banor Rathangan – July 12th
Jag Equestrian – 15th July(cancelled)
Tattersalls – 21st/22nd July
Mullingar – 4th & 5th Aug
Iverk/Pilltown – 25th Aug
Irish Breeders Classic – 30th Aug-1st Sept, 2nd Sept
Definition of Pro-am Rider for Leinster Summer Tour 2018
Pro-Am rider must be in full time employment outside “Showjumping”.
Also, they must mark on their ticket “ Pro Am” and declare to [email protected] that they wish to be included in this section.
Enquiries to Taylor Vard 0862603002 or Maureen Bagnall 0872635732
Best Wishes to all participants.A big thank you to the sponsors of each leg of the Tours(1.35, 1.20 & 1.10) and to Mervue Equine & Leinster Region of Showjumping for their sponsorship of the over all Tours